Rory McIlroy (Northern Ireland) lost $3 million (approximately 3.9 billion won) by not participating in the PGA Tour RBC Heritage this week.
Sports Illustrated, an American sports magazine, reported on the 14th (Korean time), “Rory McIlroy will not be able to receive $3 million of the bonuses he will receive through the Player Impact Program (PIP) due to his absence from RBC Heritage.” McIlroy ranked second in the PIP after Tiger Woods (USA), the ‘Emperor of Golf’ last year, and received a bonus of 12 million dollars (approximately 15.68 billion won), but this time, he was unable to receive a quarter, or 3 million dollars, due to his absence. what has been
After missing the cut at the Masters last week, McIlroy gave notice of his absence from RBC Heritage without any particular reason. As a result, he violated the PGA Tour’s mandatory participation rules. Following the Sentry Tournament of Champions held in January, McIlroy did not participate in this week’s RBC Heritage, violating the mandatory participation rule to participate in 11 of the 12 tournaments designated by the PGA Tour.
The top 20 players who will receive bonuses from the Player Impact Program can only miss one of the 12 special tournaments with a total prize pool of over $20 million designated by the PGA Tour. Absence due to injury or illness is recognized as an exception, but McIlroy did not give any reason for his absence.
It is known that McIlroy’s absence from RBC Heritage despite the financial loss was due to accumulated fatigue. A disappointing performance at the Masters, where he should win for a career grand slam, could be the reason for his absence this week. However, it seems that the accumulation of fatigue due to the tight game schedule is greater than that. McIlroy competed in six tournaments in a row before the Masters. Four of these competitions were designated special competitions. It is an analysis that physical and mental fatigue has reached its peak.
To counter the offensive of LIV Golf, which is backed by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund, the PGA Tour created the Player Impact program last year.토스카지노 In order to retain key players who lead the box office, a fund of 100 million dollars was raised and distributed to the leading stars who lead the box office. Woods and McIlroy came in first and second and received 15 million dollars (approximately 19.6 billion won) and 12 million dollars, 75% of which were paid in January, and the remaining 25% will be paid after the season ends. You can only skip one of the 12 designated competitions to receive the full bonus.